NBA Rookie

Lakers Logo

Lakers Logo

Adam Ford, Reporter

Recently the L.A. Lakers have taken in a new player named Andre Ingram. Ingram is a 32-year-old basketball player who has played in G-League for a decade. The G-League is the official minor league basketball organization. Recently he was given the opportunity to join the NBA by accepting the offer made by the Lakers on April 11, 2018.
Most people are not to sure why he made it into the NBA through the Lakers, but they all share a common thread.
Isaac Hopkins, a senior at Sedro-Woolley High School, talked about why he thinks Ingram made it.
“I think he made it to the NBA because he’d been working most of his life to achieve a level of skill in basketball that no one else has achieved,” said Hopkins.
Ingram spent 10 years of practice in the G-League to earn his dream. In the end his hard work paid off.
The L.A. Lakers have been on a decline for the past few years, but recently they’re making an effort to change the outcome. The Lakers decide to take Ingram on their team due to his skills and perseverance.
The website Quora said, “the average NBA player scored 9.7 points per game in 2015-16 season.”
Some players do score above the average, but the rest are there to work as a team so that players who are open can make the shots and score. Also the L.A. Lakers points per game (ppg) average 7.63 for the team as of 2017-18 season.
Ingram has, “averaged 10.2 points in his career but right now he has a 12 point average for the Lakers as of 2017-2018 Season,” according to ESPN.
Lucas Frizzell, a Junior. from Sedro-Woolley High School said it made a lot of money for him and his family and made him happy and made fans happy. It worked out for everyone.”
Some wonder what may happen to Ingram as the year’s continue, but Bill Cornelius, a math teacher at SWHS, said, “I thought it was interesting. It was an interesting story and it made me feel that there is still hope for us when we get older.”