SWHS Staff Says Goodbye

It’s that time of the year when we plan for the annual Sedro-Woolley High School graduation. All the staff and students prepare for this moment, and as they prepare, they start saying their goodbyes.

Elli Gildnes, an English teacher, says her goodbyes by giving graduates advice for their futures.

“Hard work pays off. If you want something bad enough, you can get it. Don’t give up. Set daily goals to get you headed toward the big goal.”

Along with the staff, a few students get emotional about their fellow schoolmates moving up and what they will end up missing about them being around.

“I’m gonna miss being able to ask for advice,” says Annabelle Rose, a junior at Sedro-Woolley High School.

The final goodbyes are to come on June 8, 2018, after the seniors walk across the stage.

The course that the seniors traveled starting on their first day of kindergarten and ending on their last week of 12th grade, now they get to face the real world.

“You can still be almost anything that you want to be, but you must be prepared to expend an incredible amount of blood, sweat, and tears to be really successful at it. The silver lining is, the satisfaction of doing something really excellent with your life will be worth every ounce,” said one of the respondents.

Additional dedicated quotes from Sedro-Woolley High School staff:

“Do not be reckless with other people’s hearts and don’t put up with someone who is reckless with yours,” -Mr. McCartt.

“Invest in a good alarm clock, because you will get fired if you don’t show up to work on time,” -Anonymous.

“Become a productive, tax paying citizen as soon as possible so that you can contribute to my retirement instead of me paying for your education, food, and shelter. You’ll feel better about yourself and I will certainly feel much better about you,”-Love, Mr. Jensen.

“The real world is harder than you think… but make the most of every day and make the choice to be happy, (also, come and visit me because that makes ME happy!) -Ms. Kelly.

“The majority better step it up,” -Anonymous.

“It is important to try new things even if they are hard and you might fail,” -Anonymous.

“Commit to optimism and believe in your ability to improve your life and the lives of others,” -Anonymous.

“Adulting” is hard… so enjoy your youth! Travel, take HEALTHY risks (that will make you stretch & grow) and don’t be in too big of a hurry to completely ‘grow up,’ (It’s not all that it’s cracked up to be!) As much as you’re ready to leave here and move on, you’ll likely look back and miss it.” -Anonymous.

The staff will miss certain aspects of the senior class:

“Great sense of humor, lot of witty ones in this class,” -Mr. McCartt.

“They are calm, cool and collected… not! They are on their phone in class and panicking about their grades,” -Anonymous.

“Their energy and school spirit,” -Anonymous.

“Some of them are real smart, motivated for success, and highly capable,” -Anonymous.

“Overall, this is a great senior class… They are a kind, cohesive group,” -Anonymous.

They will not forget what they will not miss especially:

“Won’t miss them continually calling me the crazy cat lady…don’t know where they got the idea and it all started with this class their freshman year,” -Anonymous.

“Apathy,” -Anonymous.

“Senioritis – they seem to be TOO important for most things… ;),” -Ms. Kelly.

“Their belief that now that High School is over life will suddenly be easier!” -Mr. Huggins.

“Laziness; complaining about how bad it is even though none of them grew up during The Depression,” -Anonymous.

“I will miss everything about them,” -Mr. Jensen.

“You are ready: fly birds fly!” -Mr. Johns.