Seniors Struggle To Find Motivation

Brandon Holdeman, Reporter

Senioritis hits everyone at a different speed. Most feel it in the last few weeks of their senior year, but that’s not the only case. Sonasi Lindbloom, a senior at SWHS, said he was done with school when freshmen year came around, but as he progressed through his high school career, he was just antsy to get out.

“Freshman year I had senioritis, and now I got like double senioritis in these last few weeks.”

Grades are a must to keep up to graduate, the closer June 7 comes, the more seniors stop caring about grades and the more they care about getting out.

Chandler Sisson, a senior at SWHS, is a all around good student with good grades, but it hard to keep them up. “Harder to keep my A’s up the closer June comes.”

The part that kills seniors the most is getting the motivation to keep going through school and pass with a decent grade. Teachers give out a bit of homework in these last few weeks but most students don’t want to do it or just give up part way through.

It’s hard to keep the motivation up according to students.

“All my work is easy, but I have like no motivation to do any of it,” said senior Cassidy Chambers.

Most students aren’t going to  care if they do or don’t do their homework, but if they are not getting a 4.0 GPA they are just not going to care what grade they get, as long as it’s  passing.

Some seniors catch a really bad case of senioritis and they just don’t come to school. Students need to keep a good attendance in order to graduate. Coming to school and just participating is hard enough.

“The hard part of the next few weeks are just rolling out of bed and coming to class,” said senior Tyler Fisher. If students have  multiple unexcused absences, then they may not graduate even with good grades.

Every year there’s a senior class, and the teachers notice when they catch senioritis.

“My senior students have been just going really slow and not having any motivation to do the project their working on. I’ve had to push them along bit by bit.” said Mike Stewart, woodshop teacher.