Gaming Club Hosts Midnight Meet up

SWHS+Gaming+club+students+gather+for+the+last+event+of+the+year.+

Courtesy of Zack Pope.

SWHS Gaming club students gather for the last event of the year.

Gamers held a showdown at midnight proving who is the best at Sedro-Woolley High School on May 24, from 4 p.m. to12 a.m. During the event there were games, tournaments, food and a lot of other activities.
All students were allowed to come to the event as long as they bring $5 and some type of food or drink. The event took place in Curt Ypma’s room who teaches computer science. The food and drinks were not allowed near the computers as they could cause potential damage to the electronics.
The event was held by Jason Dilley and Zack Pope who are the leaders of this club.
“It’s going to be great and a lot of fun and I’ll be jumping in and out of games,” said Dilley before the event.
The games that were available were: League of Legends, Apex Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Halo, and Fortnite. People were also allowed to bring their own consoles to enjoy the games they play with other people.
There were not only just video games, but also a wide range of card and board games to play, which were set out on table out of the computer rooms.
Any people started their own board games and added anyone who wanted to join. Dilley also decided to bring his virtual reality headset for everybody to try out. There was also a wide range of snacks during the event. Everybody brought a snack to share, and there was a spicy salsa that everybody tried and challenged themselves to see who could handle the spice. The most eaten would have to be the pizza. Everybody pitched in for pizza and drink, which fueled the 35 gamers until midnight.
After the clock struck 12, and the games were shut down and everybody helped clean up any garbage they have left over, and also helped wipe down tables. “The event was a lot of fun,” said Welsh. This will be the last club event of the 2018-2019 school year.