Spring Sports Check Up

Let’s flip the seasonal calendar page turner to spring; as the spring season is under way, and spring sports are ending.

“We got lots of kids participating. They’re competing hard, working hard, and getting ready for the postseason,” said Sedro-Woolley High School Athletic Director, Jerry Gardner, when asked how he thought the sports seasons were going so far this season.“I believe all teams are working hard to meet their goals.”

When asked if there is anything that can be improved, Gardner said, “Each team is working to meet their goals and continue to grow. It’s just exciting to watch our kids represent Sedro-Woolley.”

The Sedro-Woolley High School Baseball teams, as of May 11th, are 2-14 for Varsity, (including JV & C Teams) for the season. The baseball teams did not prefrom as they would have liked, but still had a good season.

SWHS Softball (Fastpitch), as of May 10th, is 14-4 for Varsity (including JV & C Teams). The SWHS Softball team is on top of their conference. They will have the number one seed when they host the regionals at Janicki Fields.

Track and Field competed Civic field in Bellingham on Wednesday May 11th and will compete on Friday the 13th.

The week after, athletes who qualified will be competing in Districts at Shoreline. The top three athlete from each event in the district will compete at state.

High School girls’ tennis team, as of May 10th are, 2-11 for Varsity (including JV & C Teams).
Time to hit a hole in one by mentioning the boys’ and girls’ golf team records and points. As of May 10th, boys have a total score of 2932 points for Varsity, while girls have a total score of 3030 points for Varsity.

Extra time! That means that we’re on to boys’ soccer. For the Sedro-Woolley High School, the soccer team final record for the season was 4-8-4.

Til next time, Go Cubs!