Tenth Annual Lip Dub Deemed Success

Sedro-Woolley+High+School+students+acted+out+some+of+the+most+popular+trends+and+challenges+of+the+last+several+years+while+lip+syncing+to+some+of+the+decades+most+popular+hits.+

Anna Ferdinand

Sedro-Woolley High School students acted out some of the most popular trends and challenges of the last several years while lip syncing to some of the decades most popular hits.

Every year Sedro-Woolley High School and other high schools around the area participate in the lip dub where students make a music video around their school, lip syncing to current popular music.
This year, Sedro-Woolley High School students got out of class 30 minutes earlier to get everybody in the lip dub. You can check out this years lip dub on YouTube.
This is SWHS’ tenth anniversary of taking part in it and it happened March 21. This was junior, Isaiah Guerero’s second year being a part of the lip dub and he would recommend others to do it next year. “It’s a blast,” said Guerero.
Guerero is seen lip syncing to “Dab On Em” by Big Will in this years video.
This year’s lip dub starts out with Savanah Acton, Zach Canapo, Rachel Jackson and Emily Welcome reminiscing on all the fun challenges that have happened over the last couple of years. Chris Jensen, a math teacher at SWHS stars in the lip dub every year, shows up in a clown mask from the creepy clown craze in 2017.
Throughout the music video, students participate in all of the challenges that have come and gone over the years.
One of the favorite challenges shown in the lip dub was the ice bucket challenge. Two teachers, Kelly Hawkins and Danny Crosby poured ice cold water on four students while the song Let it Go from the movie Frozen played.
During the song “Ultimate” by Denzel Curry some students did the water bottle flip challenge in the court yard and student Blake King and Carter Trammel landed back flips. “We didn’t assume everybody was going to land the water bottle flips so we decided to just do backflips to make it more impressive,” says King.
The lip dub ended with everybody lip syncing and dancing to the famous High School Musical song, “We’re all in this together.”
The lip dub is a good way to get involved in school activities and have fun. Senior Payton Simpson has done the lip dub every year except her freshman year. “It is my last year in high school and I want to have fun with my friends.”
Simpson lip synced to “Juju on that beat,” by Zay Hilfigerrr, Zayion McCall.
This year Savannah Acton took charge to plan the lip dub. “I’ve been in Mr. McCartts film and editing classes since freshman year and I’ve always wanted to plan the lip dub, so this year the opportunity came and I took it,” said Acton.
Acton came up with the plan with a group of people in her cinematography class and they made a rough draft first semester. Ever since the start of second semester, every seventh period she has been working on the lip dub nonstop.
“My favorite part of the lip dub will be seeing the final result and seeing everybody’s hard work pay off,” said Acton.
The lip dub is now posted on Steve McCartt’s Youtube channel, MacSteve75, and has already received over ten thousand views.