2019-20 School Board Rep Alyssa Lecca moving on to UW

Alyssa Lecca recieves her diploma June 4, 2020 at Sedro-Woolley High School.

My high school journey was really busy, and sometimes overwhelming; however, I would not change anything. I have always persevered and fought hard to achieve the goals I sought for myself. Excelling in high school so that I could obtain a post secondary education was a goal that I fought for a long time.

Even though English was not my strongest subject, I still challenged myself to take many advanced courses. By the end of high school, I took a total of 13 Honors and Advanced Placement classes. My perseverance really shaped my mentality and future.

Besides academics, I always tried to have a voice and represent the minority as well. I understood what it was like moving and knowing completely nothing and feeling like you don’t have anyone, so I would volunteer a lot to help my community and people to feel more welcome.

I also took some leadership positions through ASB and participated in clubs and sports that gave me different perspectives and opportunities to learn more and more. I am really grateful for my time in Sedro-Woolley High School since all my experiences and influential staff has helped me grow not only as a student, but as a person.

Thanks to all the skills I have learned and the tools that SWHS has given me, I am ready to attend the Honors Program at the University of Washington this fall where I will be majoring in Architecture.