The student news site of Sedro-Woolley High School

The Cub

The Cub

The Cub

Homecoming Lip Sync 2023

Seniors+Lip+Sync+performance+on+
Seniors Lip Sync performance on

This year’s homecoming lip sync was much better than anyone could have imagined. Everyone involved worked really hard to make this year’s lip sync entertaining and exciting.

For those who participated, it didn’t take very long to learn all of the choreography steps for the lip sync. “Well, for me, performing is like second nature,  so learning choreography and the words for the songs is super easy for me,” says Timmy Benoit, a junior at Sedro Woolley High School. Benoit was also a part of Junior’s lip sync group, their theme was the 70’s.

Some of the sophomore participants had a hard time memorizing the timing and words of the songs. “It wasn’t very hard to learn everything, it just took a little time to get the timing right and learn the words to the songs.” says Brenna Freese, one of Sedro-Woolley High School’s sophomores. Freese was a part of her grade’s lip sync group, whose theme was 60’s cartoons.

It was a little chaotic for the senior lip sync group since some people only showed up to the last few practices. “It wasn’t that hard, because I’m a fast learner with dancing, and I was the choreographer with the help of Kylie Evans and Brooke Ryan. It was a little chaotic with the whole bunch of people showing up to the last two practices but everyone did a great job learning the dances in the span of a week or less,” says Meleny Lamas, a senior at Sedro-Woolley High School. She was part of the Seniors lip sync group. The theme for the senior group was the 80’s. 

This year, the juniors took the gold, which was very much deserved. They held a stellar performance and left the gym in a state of awe and pure excitement.